St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999 St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
We are so proud to be a part of an ambitious and successful philanthropy. The history of Tri Delta's efforts come much before our large 2010 goal! During the first year of the partnership, 15 Tri Delta chapters raised over $44,000 for St. Jude. In 2002, Tri Delta set a goal to raise $1 million in 4 years to endow the hospital’s Teen Room. We completed our goal in 2005, one year ahead of schedule. In 2006, Tri Delta committed to raising $10 million in 10 years to name the Patient Care floor in the Chili’s Care Center. In just four years, we met this goal, raising $10 million by 2010. In 2014, Tri Delta committed to raising $60 million in 10 years! In the 2019 academic year, our chapter alone raised $64,363 for St. Jude! St. Jude has been instrumental in children’s cancer research and treatment, and we feel humbled to be a part of such an incredible cause.
Tri Delta raises the most money of any national Greek Organization for its cause. We are proud to support St. Jude’s mission to find cures and provide the best possible care for children with catastrophic diseases, insuring that no child is ever turned away based on race, ethnicity, religion, or ability to pay. St. Jude families never see a bill for their child’s care or treatment.